Advantages of Invisalign® Treatment
Sep 04, 2020
Realigning your teeth and jaw is probably one of the best decisions you can make for your oral health. Usually, it restores your confidence in your smile, all while improving the functionality of your mouth. However, orthodontic oral appliances may not interest you. If you are looking for a subtle way to go through your orthodontic treatment, traditional metal brackets may not cut it for you.
Fortunately, modern dentistry has popularized the use of Invisalign® in repositioning teeth for patients. If you want to know why people today are preferring Invisalign in Brooklyn, NY over other teeth aligners, read on to learn about the advantages thereof.
What Is Invisalign?
It is a type of oral appliance used to align teeth properly in orthodontics. Invisalign near you will often be called clear aligners. The reason is that it features a transparent, plastic-like material. The clear aligners are then placed over teeth, to put pressure that will begin the shifting process of the teeth.
Invisalign in 11230 does not work like other teeth aligners. For one, the aligners are removable. Usually, they give you the flexibility to eat whatever foods you like, without the possibility of damaging the clear aligners. Their removability, however, is limited to about 2 hours every day. The reason is that you need to keep the aligners in your mouth for between 20-22 hours daily. This way, you ensure that the progress of your teeth shifting to the correct position is continual and sustained.
Other than that, adjusting them requires getting a new tray of clear aligners every couple of weeks. This ensures that the controlled pressure from the teeth aligners is continuous on your teeth. every tray of the clear teeth aligners will have a tighter fit than the previous one. Depending on the treatment plan developed for you by your attending dentist, you can get about 6 Invisalign aligners near Midwood, or more.
Why Would Anyone Choose Invisalign?
There are a strict of advantages for which patients prefer invisible teeth aligners over traditional metal braces and their counterparts. Some of the advantages include the following:
- Cosmetic advantage – the clear aligners allow you to flaunt your smile all through your treatment, without any metal framework and wires conspicuously showing when you smile. While that is one advantage, Invisalign teeth aligners have a track record of improved smiles, once teeth are properly positioned and jaws realigned.
- Flexibility and convenience – one of the primary things that patients look for when considering dental treatments is convenience and flexibility. Traditional metal braces tend to be rigid so that you have them permanently until your treatment is over. The same does not apply to invisible aligners. You can remove and return your clear teeth aligners as frequently as you want, to eat and enjoy the drinks you want. The only limitation is to not have them off of your mouth for several hours a day.
- Comfortable to wear – the plastic-like material used to make invisible teeth aligners glide smoothly against your lips and gums. The tray of teeth aligners does not come with extruding edges that can make your experience daunting. This gives you a more comfortable experience, as compared to that of having metal brackets on your teeth for several months.
- Ease of maintenance – one of the main issues orthodontic patients face is keeping up with proper oral hygiene. Your attending dentist will require that you maintain excellent oral hygiene, to ensure you do not have an infection on your gums and teeth, or even damage the teeth aligners. With traditional metal braces, it is difficult to properly floss and brush your teeth. however, Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing you full access to your teeth for brushing and flossing. It also allows you the chances to properly clean your teeth aligners, so that no plaque or bacteria is harbored in the aligners.
- Saves time – during your periodical dental visits, you won’t spend a lot of time with your dentist. All you need is a change of your current tray of clear aligners for new ones. This process does not take time, as compared to the long process of strategically tightening and adjusting the wires holding the metal brackets of traditional braces.